This Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe packs all of the deliciousness of corned beef into a meal that cooks itself. Talk about a stroke of good fortune on St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the year! Author: Holly Nilsson
- Chop onion into large chunks and place in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker. Top with corned beef and seasoning packet.
- Pour water into slow cooker until it just about covers the corned beef. Add garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- After the initial 3 hours, add potatoes and carrots to the slow cooker.
- Two hours before serving, add cabbage wedges to the slow cooker.
- Remove corned beef from slow cooker and let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
Source: All rights reserved to Spend with Pennies
Once cooked your corned beef should be tender (mine usually cooks closer to the 10 hour time). Appliances can vary, if your corned beef is not tender, it likely needs to cook longer. It is essential to cut your corned beef across the grain.