A hearty and delicious stew perfect for those cold winter nights.
Ingredients - Subtitle
- 1 lbs Beef Stew Meat
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar any kind
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 - 4 red-skinned potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 to 3 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley optional
- Toss the first ten ingredients, up to and including the stew beef, into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and make sure the valve is set to Sealing. Push Pressure Cook (or Manual) and use the +/– button to get to 25 minutes.
- While it's cooking, cut the potatoes and carrots into 1” pieces, with or without the skins. Make a slurry by stirring the cornstarch into the water until smooth.
- When the pot beeps that it's done, leave it for a 10-minute natural release. Then flip the valve to Venting for a quick release of any remaining pressure and when the pin drops, open the pot.
- Toss in the potatoes and carrots (not the peas) and gently push them into the liquid. Close the lid again and hit Pressure Cook (or Manual). Set the cook time to 4 minutes. When it's done, do a quick release - pin drop - open the pot.
- Hit Cancel, then Saute. Give the cornstarch slurry a stir and when the stew is boiling stir in about half the slurry. Boil to thicken it and if you want it thicker, add more of the slurry.
- Hit Cancel and stir in the frozen peas. The heat of the stew will be enough to cook them without turning them to mush. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Add the parsley, if using, and you are done.
Source: All rights reserved to Instant Pot