A fun and creative way to showcase a Hot Dog. A great appetizer or entre for any Halloween-themed party. Get the kids involved, they will love to help make this recipe! No Buns are needed, these beef hot dogs are wrapped in dough and then baked, just ready to be dipped and eaten.
- 2 packages of Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 package Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 package of candy Eyes
- Ketchup, Mustard, or Honey Mustard for dipping *Check the Notes for more ideas
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Open crescent roll dough and cut into thin strips, about 1/4 inch thick or smaller. Just so that you can easily manipulate it without ripping the dough.
- Wrap the dough around each hot dog so that it looks like it is wrapped up in bandages.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and let them cool down enough to the touch. So those that use their fingers don't get burnt.
- Place candy eyes on the 'mummy' if so desired.
To make things interesting you can always serve your 'Mummies' with a collection of different sauces, and see if anyone can guess what they are. This would also give your table some more color. The sky is the limit to what you can think of.
To name a few examples:
- Mustard or Spicy Mustard
- Honey Mustard
- Barbeque Sauce
- Thai Chili Sauce