Not your average Kabob recipe, this will surely be a hit at any cookout!
- 1 lbs - Beef Kabob Meat
- 3/4 cup - Asian toasted sesame salad dressing (bottled)
- 1/4 tsp - Orange zest
- 3/4 cup - Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 TBS - Cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 1-1/2 tsp - Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 lbs - Summer Squash
- 1/2 lbs - Zucchini
- 1 small to medium Red Onion (cut 1-1/2 in. pieces)
- Green Onions, sliced for garnish
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- 1 to 2 Whole Oranges (sliced into wedges), for grilling and serving
- Pat steak dry. Cut steak into 1-to-1-1/4-inch cubes. Place beef cubes in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine salad dressing, orange zest and juice, cilantro, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture; cover and refrigerate until ready to grill. Pour remaining mixture over beef. Seal bag; turn to coat beef with marinade. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours; turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Meanwhile, drain beef; discard marinade. Thread beef, squash coins, and red onion onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers.
- Grill kabobs for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is medium-rare (130 degrees), turning and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through.
- Transfer kabobs to a platter. Brush with remaining reserved marinade. Sprinkle with green onion slices and sesame seeds. Serve with orange wedges.
For full instructions and helpful tips please visit the original recipe link below.
Source: All rights reserved to Hy-Vee