Italian-American comfort food, slow cooker sausage and peppers served over sandwich rolls.
- 8 Italian Pork Brats
- 1 lrg. green bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 1 lrg. yellow onion sliced
For the Sauce
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ C. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 fresh Italian sandwich rolls toasted
- Place the sauce ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the sausage, bell peppers, and onions; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in the chopped basil.
- Serve over sandwich rolls.
Source: All rights reserved to Food Folks & Fun