- (1 1/2 lbs) Stew Meat
- (3 tablespoons) All-purpose flour
- (3/4 teaspoon) Salt
- (2 to 4 teaspoons, divided) Canola Oil
- (2 teaspoons) Beef Bouillon Granules
- (2 teaspoons) Dried Parsley flakes
- (1-1/2 teaspoons) Italian seasoning
- (2 cups) Water
- (1 cup) Burgundy wine or beef stock
- (3 medium (about 1-1/3 pounds), peeled & quartered) Potatoes
- (1 cup fresh, halved) Mushrooms
- (1 medium, cut into 8 wedges) Onion
- (2 medium, cut into 1-inch pieces) Carrots
- (2 ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces) Celery
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss beef with flour and salt to coat lightly; shake off excess. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Brown beef in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Remove from pan.
- Add bouillon, parsley, seasoning, 2 cups water and wine to same pan; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add beef; return to a boil. Transfer to oven; bake, covered, 1 hour.
- Stir in vegetables and, if desired, thin with additional water. Bake, covered, until beef and vegetables are tender, 45-60 minutes.
- Additional water, optional; for your preference on how thick or thin you prefer your stew