A family favorite! Even your kid(s) will love this delicious beef stew. This tender, flavorful beef recipe pairs beautifully with toasted French bread for dipping — yum!
- 1-1/2 pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 3 TBS all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 - 4 tsp canola oil, divided
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 C. Burgundy wine or beef stock
- 3 med. potatoes (1-1/3 pounds), peeled & quartered
- 1 C. fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 med. onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 med. carrots, cut into 1-inch pcs.
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pcs.
- Additional water, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toss beef with flour and salt to coat lightly; shake off excess. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat. Brown beef in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Remove from the pan.
- Add bouillon, parsley, seasoning, 2 cups water and wine to the same pan; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan. Add beef; return to a boil. Transfer to the oven; bake, covered, 1 hour.
- Stir in vegetables and, if desired, thin with additional water. Bake, covered, until beef and vegetables are tender, 45-60 minutes.
Source: All rights reserved to Taste of Home