Try our juicy, bone-in pork chops with this recipe featuring a creamy sauce (white wine optional). Submitted by one of our very own Zobel Farms customers!
Source: Cafe Delites
- (4 Pork Chops) Bone-in Pork Chops
- (1 teaspoon) Seasoning salt
- (1/3 teaspoon) Cracked black pepper
- (2 tablespoons) Olive oil
- (2 tablespoons) Unsalted butter
- (1 cup sliced) Brown mushrooms
- (2 tablespoons - Divided) Fresh chopped parsley
- (1 tablespoon) Fresh chopped thyme
- (4 cloves) Garlic crushed
- (3/4 cup) Reduced fat cream OR half & half (heavy cream or evaporated milk)
- Season chops with seasoning salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in a frying pan or skillet over medium-high until butter is melted.
- When the pan is hot, sear chops for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and the center is no longer bright pink (fry in batches if you need to). Transfer to a warm plate. Set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the buttery juices in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Scrape up any bits leftover from the chops. When mushrooms are browned, add half parsley, half thyme, and all of the crushed garlic; sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a gentle simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Add the chops back into the sauce, allow to simmer for a minute to heat through. Garnish with remaining herbs and serve immediately.
Optional Wine Add-in
Optional wine add-in for the creamy sauce:
After sautéing the garlic in Step 3, add in 1/2 cup dry white wine. Let simmer until liquid has reduced by half (about 3 minutes). Then continue on to Step 4.
Source: All rights reserved to Cafe Delites