Craving a steak but don't want to brave the cold to grill one? Check out this Slow Cooker Steak Bites recipe to fulfill your craving!
4 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 3 pounds Sirloin Steak cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup unsalted beef stock or broth
- 1 ounce au jus gravy mix (1 packet)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter thinly sliced
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish optional
Place the steak into a large bowl with the salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Get a large skillet hot over medium-high heat and add half of the oil. Sear off the steak pieces in batches and place them into an 6-quart slow cooker. Add more oil to the pan if needed.
Once all the steak is seared, add the onion and garlic to the slow cooker, toss with the steak bites.
Pour in the beef stock. Sprinkle the au jus packet over the top. Lay slices of the butter over the top.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. Stir every 30 minutes or so if you can.
Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley if using.
- Round steak, stew meat, or chuck roast can be used in place of sirloin.
- Searing is optional but adds great flavor. If skipping, add seasoned steak directly to the slow cooker.
- Serve with egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
All rights reserved to Melissa Williams/Persnickety Plates