- 1 Featured Product
- 2 Pounds of Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 Cups of Chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups of Celery
- 1 1/2 Cups of Carrots
- 8 Tbsp. of Butter Divided
- 6 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 8 Cups of Peeled and Diced Potatoes
- 4 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Cups of Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. of Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. of Pepper
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- Brown the Ground Beef in a skillet. Drain the grease and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 2 Tbsp. of butter and add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes, ground beef, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a stock pot melt the remaining butter and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3 - 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
A great substitute for potatoes is 1 bag of hash browns if you are in a hurry! You can also top with shredded cheese and bacon bits.