For those busy nights here is a perfect "set it" and "forget it" meal that can be prepped and left alone until serving time.
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- Black pepper
- For more flavor add beef broth.
- You may also add more tomato paste or puree.
- Toppings when serving: shredded cheese, sour cream, or chopped green onions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Transfer beef mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, water, green chile peppers, chili powder, salt, cumin, and black pepper.
Cook on Low until flavors combine, 4 to 6 hours.
Optional Step | Non-List Directions
Source: All rights reserved to All Recipes
WARNING | PLEASE NOTE:
The best way to thicken any chili is to allow it to cook for longer. If you follow this recipe and allow the chili to cook for 4-6 hours on Low, you should be left with perfectly thickened chili.
However, if the chili is too thin for you, add a cornstarch slurry to thicken it quickly.
Leave a comment