A home recipe submitted by Robyn Vance. This is her easy go to recipe for a delicious and moist chuck roast. Place everything in a crockpot in the morning and walk away! She has also given us a yummy horseradish mashed potato recipe to have on the side!
Ingredients - Roast
- 1, 5 to 6 lb Chuck Roast
- 1 Au Jus Packet OR Brown Gravy
- 1 Med. Onion, Sliced
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Ingredients - Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- 2 quarts Water
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter divided
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Horseradish
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Chives, chopped
Directions - Roast
- Place Chuck roast into Crockpot
- Sprinkle Au Jus OR Brown Gravy Packet on top of roast
- Put sliced Onion and Butter pieces in crockpot, add water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put Crockpot on low for 8 hours
Directions - Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Boil potatoes in water until tender, then drain cooked potatoes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl with drained potatoes, and mash everything together.
- Garnish is Chives OR mix into the potatoes for added flavor.
Leave a comment