Do you like traditional Beef tacos or burritos? Then this is the recipe for you, it is simple to follow and with a short ingredient list. Don't let the minimal ingredient list fool you, this is packed with flavor! Everything can be prepped the day before and then put in the slow cooker the following morning.
- 1 (3 - 4 lbs) Pork Butt / Shoulder Roast
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Diced Tomatoes with chiles - Undrained
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 3 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Jalapeno Pepper, Chopped and seeded
- 1 tsp Salt
- 10, 8-inch Flour Tortillas, warmed
- Cut roast in half, and place into 5-qt slow cooker.
- In a blender combine; canned tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, honey, jalapeno, and salt. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture over pork. Place lid on slow cooker on Low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender with a fork.
- Remove the roast and let cool slightly before shredding the pork. Return to slow cooker.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup pork in the center of each flour tortilla, and if desired top with avocado, sour cream, or fresh cilantro. Roll or fold the tortilla up and enjoy!
Optional Step | Non-List Directions
Optional Tops: Sliced Avocado, Sour Cream, chopped fresh Cilantro
Source: All rights reserved to Taste of Home
If you would like to freeze your pork mixture, please do so without any additional toppings. Individually wrap completely cooled burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in an airtight container. To reheat later, remove foil and place the paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate on high for 3 to 4 minutes, turning over halfway, until heated completely through. Let sit for 20 seconds.