Submitted By: Sarah R., Customer from NE
- 1 pkg Beef Brats*, cut into discs
- 1 Med. Onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 pkg Baby Carrots
- 5 – 8 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces*
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Seasoning* of choice - to taste
- Start by peeling and cutting up all of your ingredients. (you do not have to cut the carrots unless you want, I usually keep them whole)
- Using a deep skillet, begin browning your brats on medium heat.
- Once the brats are partially cooked, add in your vegetables and seasoning.
- Add enough water to cover the bottom of your skillet, then cover with the lid. Keep on Medium heat and let the steam cook the remaining ingredients. Be sure to check your water level occasionally, so that you don’t run out of water. Just add more water if you run out before the potatoes and carrots are done.
- Check every 5-10 minutes and stir until potatoes and carrots and tender with a fork, then serve and enjoy!
Source: All rights reserved to Website or Brand
WARNING | PLEASE NOTE:
- You can choose different flavors to change up the flavor, and use your favorite flavor to make it more to your tastes. We like the andouille brats because our choice of seasonings is usually cajun.
- When it comes to potatoes, you do not have to use a russet potato, if I have small yellow potatoes around I just cut them up and do not worry about peeling them, since the skins are not as think.
- The seasoning is all about preference and the flavor brats that you use, but if you like a strongly flavored brat, just add a little salt and pepper instead. Realistically you can use any kind of seasoning or seasoning salt that you have on hand that might be a family favorite.
- Depending on how small or large you cut everything will change how long it will take to cook everything else.