Mouth Watering Beef & Bean Burrito Recipe!
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 1 16 oz Can of Refried Beans
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 2 10 oz Cans of Enchilada Sauce
- 1 lb. of White American Cheese (divided)
- 6 Large (burrito-size) Flour Tortillas
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 3-quart 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour half of 1 can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish then spread evenly.
- Brown and crumble beef with onions over high heat in a large skillet until beef is cooked through; drain fat.
- Add refried beans; taco seasoning and remaining spices to skillet then stir well. Add a little water if necessary but filling should be very thick. Remove from heat to cool a little.
- Taste for seasoning then add more salt if necessary.
- Shred cheese then add one heaping cup of it to beef and bean mixture; stir and combine. Set remaining cheese aside.
- Arrange tortillas on a clean work surface then divide meat filling evenly onto the center of each. Using a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon, shape the filling into little rolls about 4 to 5 inches long, centered left to right on the tortilla. Wrap each into a burrito then place seam-side down into the baking dish.
- Slowly drizzle remaining enchilada sauce (one and a half cans) over burritos, taking care to pour over all of the exposed tortillas. IF needed, use a pastry brush to spread the sauce over nay "dry" areas.
- Top each burrito with remaining cheese.
- Cover dish with foil, tenting the foil if necessary to ensure it doesn't stick to the cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired. Serve with favorite burrito toppings such as pico de gallo, salsa, sour cream, avocado slices, more cheese, shredded lettuce, etc.
Optional Step | Non-List Directions
Instead of using 1 lb of American Cheese you can use 4 cups of shredded cheese.
Source: All rights reserved to South Your Mouth - Mandy Rivers