Tami's Famous Homemade Pizza is a favorite out here on the farm. From thick and fluffy crust to layers of Zobel Family Farm BEEF bacon, ground hamburger, and ham, it definitely makes your mouth water!
- 1 Cup of Luke Warm Water
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- 2 Tbsp. of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 2 tsp. of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 3 Slices of Deli Ham
- 4 Slices of Beef Bacon or Slices of Pork Bacon
- 1 can (14oz) Pizza Sauce of Your Choice
- 4 cups of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Peppers (your choice Red, Yellow, Green)
- 1 drained can (4 oz) Sliced Mushrooms or Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Black Chopped Olives
- In a large, glass dish/bowl, mix 1 cup lukewarm water (80-90 degrees).
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil.
- Gradually mix in 3 cups of Flour.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast.
Measure all ingredients accurately into the bread pan in the order listed in this recipe.
To help bread rise, set oven temp at 150F. Once it has reached 150F degrees, leave on for 5-10 minutes, then turn OFF oven. Spray a piece of wax paper with cooking spray and place on top of glass dish. Place glass dish in oven until dough is double in size. May take 1-2 hours.
If you plan to use a bread machine, these ingredients will also work.
Pizza Dough into Crust
- Pre-heat oven at 425F.
- Once dough, has raised, spray pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Roll dough out onto pizza pan.
- Use a fork to poke a few holes through out the dough to help it rise.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes with out toppings of any kind.
- Take out of oven. Let cool 3-5 minutes.
Pizza Topping Prep
- Brown ground hamburger in a skillet. Add salt while browning.
- Drain once everything is brown and set aside.
- Place Bacon in skillet, once cooked place on paper towels to wipe away excess grease.
- Ham does not need to be pre-cooked.
- Spread half of pizza sauce around pizza dough. Make sure to spread evenly and add more sauce if you would like.
- Then add meat toppings, sliced ham, ground beef, and bacon.
- If you choose to add veggie toppings, after meat is placed, then spread veggies evenly across pizza.
- Spread 2 cups of mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
- If you are making two pizzas use the other 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on the second pizza.
- Oven should be set at 425F. 12-15 minutes. Check if cheese is brown. Add additional 1-2 minutes and check cheese again.
Source: All rights reserved to https://www.zobelfamilyfarms.com/
Dough recipe is originally for two 12-inch pizza crust. We prefer our crust to be thicker so we use this dough recipe for one of our pizza crust. Feel free to create your crust to your liking.
Leave a comment