A simple prime rib recipe!
- 1 Prime Rib Roast
- 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- Pat the Prime Rib dry with a paper towel. Lightly score the fat cap of the roast by making a cross-hatch pattern with a sharp knife. Do not cut too deep.
- Drizzle canola oil over the roast and rub to adhere. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and black pepper, and rub all over once more.
- If you have time, intensify the flavor of the beef by transferring the roast to a rimmed pan and placing it in the refrigerator overnight or up to 3 days, uncovered.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and have ready a rack fitted in a roasting pan or over a sturdy rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator to sit at room temperature 1 hour prior to roasting to remove the chill. Then, transfer to prepared rack and pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 450 degrees. Decrease the temperature to 300 and roast until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees, about 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours more.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest at least 15 - 20 minutes before cutting.
Source: All rights reserved to The Anthony Kitchen