For the Steak
- 2 Flank Steak OR Flat Iron Steak OR Skirt Steak
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Minced Garlic or Garlic Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Minced Onion or Onion Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons of Chipotle Chile Powder
- 3 Scallions, finely chopped
- 4 Teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt - To Taste
- Ground Pepper - To Taste
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Onion, halved and thinly sliced
For the Salad
- 1/3 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 2/3 Cup of Buttermilk
- 1 Cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 2 Romaine Lettuce Hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can of Sliced Black Olives, drained
- Make the tortilla bowls: Position a rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees F. Put 4 empty can (labels removed) or small oven proof bowls upside down on a baking sheet. Drape a square of foil over each can and coat with cooking spray.
- Fill a shallow bowl with 1/2 inch warm water; whisk in the olive oil. Soak each tortilla in the water until soft, about 5 seconds, then drape over the prepared cans, pleating as needed. Bake until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and invert the tortilla bowls onto the baking sheet; remove the cans and foil. Spray the inside of the tortilla bowls with cooking spray, season with salt and continue baking until crisp, 4 to 5 more minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the steak: whisk the dried garlic, onion and oregano, the cumin, chile powder, scallions, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper in a bowl. Put the steak in a shallow dish and rub with 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture (reserve the rest of the dressing). Add the bell pepper and sliced onion and toss cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the steak and scatter the bell pepper and onion around it. Sear the steak about 5 minutes per side, then transfer to a cutting board. Continue cooking the pepper and onion until just tender, about 3 more minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Assemble the salad: Add the cucumber, lettuce, beans and olives and toss. Divide the salad among the tortilla bowls. Top with the steak, bell pepper, onion, cheese and salsa.
Source: All rights reserved to Food Network
WARNING | PLEASE NOTE:
Any warnings or special notes. This will become own box at the bottom.